Job Summary: Designs skill and knowledge building programs for the company using primarily e-learning or other learning solutions. Ties learning solutions to current and anticipated business needs and strategies. Works with business leaders to conduct needs assessments and design, develop, implement and evaluate the effectiveness of customized learning experiences to meet organizational needs. Partners with customers on performance improvement issues and managing customer relationships.
1. Designs and develops new courses and programs and modifies all levels of existing courses and programs. May partner with subject matter experts or other instructors. May assist with design and development of curriculum using appropriate learning methodology focusing on e-learning.
2. Uses existing evaluation tools and methodologies to evaluate effectiveness of class and program learning experiences against quantified objectives. Creates evaluation tools and metrics and uses in evaluation and communication of learning solution results.
3. Conducts needs analysis for business partners to identify gaps and determine learning solutions aligning with companies’ goals and values.
4. Markets department resources and communicates programs and curriculum to internal business partners. Develops marketing materials to promote services, products and curriculum internally. May determine focus, customization of materials for specific audiences.
5. Identifies, schedules and prepares subject matter experts or other identified resources to develop, evaluate and deliver learning solutions within budget.
6. Participates in or may lead portions of learning and performance projects. Ensures team expectations (team member roles and contributions) are clearly communicated.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Undergraduate degree preferred with emphasis in graphic or instructional design, education, psychology or related discipline desired Advanced studies in instructional technology, management, organization development, or the behavioral sciences leading to a graduate degree preferred.
Experience: Typically requires three + years of experience in the Learning and Development field including; needs analysis, facilitation, instructional design, skill assessment, measurement methodology, and consulting. Experience in designing alternative and computer assisted delivery systems, instructional design and adult learning theories.
Knowledge: Knowledge of consulting practices, organization interventions, needs analysis, team building, the design and delivery of leadership, professional and technical courses.
Skills/ Competencies: Ability to relate to and explain moderately complex technical concepts. Ability to analyze program results and recommend solutions to training needs. Competent with group dynamics, interactive skills, adjusting language or terminology to the characteristics and needs of the audience. Basic research, survey development and administration skills. Demonstrated proficiency with personal computers and related software. Ability to set priorities, manage time, organize work, and manage multiple projects simultaneously meet deadlines.
Click here to apply.
If you wish to list a job on our website, please contact the VP of eMedia & Marketing with the specific information listed below.