Job Title: Graphic/Instructional Designer
Department: Training & Engagement
Designs and develops engaging content, experiences and learning solutions that align with our culture, values and commitment to training and development. The role requires experience and skill in graphic design, content layout, instructional design and audio/video creation to support employees in effective acquisition of knowledge and skills. Will support multiple areas of our business including retail, corporate and subsidiaries.
Accountable and Reports to: Vice President, Training & Engagement;
Assistant Vice President, Employee Development;
Director, Employee Development;
Positions that Report to you: None
Primary Duties And Responsibilities
· Collaborates with subject matter experts and peers to conceptualize, storyboard, design and create effective learning and onboarding materials.
· Designs, creates and develops materials for all modalities including but not limited to the virtual classroom environment, in-person instructor-led classes, and online self-paced learning for an engaging experience that creates measurable results and business impact for the target audience.
· Creates innovative and engaging content (print materials, presentations, courses, videos, and assessments) that incorporates mixed media, such as graphics, animation, text, audio and video.
· Produces instructional content using delivery methods that connect with different levels and types of learners in accordance with adult learning theory and principles to optimize learning.
· Understands the review cycle for content development and be receptive to constructive feedback that changes the content presented in the review session.
· Collaborates regularly with team members to identify training objectives and goals.
· Selects colors, fonts, photographs, layouts and other design elements to communicate creative concepts in alignment with our corporate branding.
· Works with LMS platform for publishing, troubleshooting and organizing courses.
· Maintains and refreshes training resources to ensure accuracy and relevance.
· Keeps up to date on current learning tools, trends and methods.
· Reports to work when scheduled and works expected number of hours.
Secondary Duties And Responsibilities
· Attends and participates in company and industry meetings when required.
· Occasional travel to local stores and company facilities.
· Performs other job-related duties and special projects as required.
Education And Experience
· College education required.
· Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design, Educational Technology, or related field of adult learning principles is strongly preferred.
· Industry certifications in learning and development and project management highly desirable.
· Minimum 3-5 years producing high-quality instructional materials in a deadline-oriented environment. Work samples, references, and a live presentation will be required.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
· Strong graphic design skills including proficiency in desktop publishing tools and graphic design software (Adobe’s Creative Suite, including PhotoShop, Illustrator and InDesign).
· Strong learning design skills including proficiency in e-learning design software (Articulate 360 suite).
· Proficiency in instructional design methods (ADDIE, HPI, agile and SAM) is preferred.
· Experience working with learning management systems (LMS) including but not limited to course set up and testing is preferred.
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills combined with strong graphic design skills and a passion for crafting high-level content.
· Highly effective time and project management skills including demonstrated ability to meet challenging deadlines and manage multiple projects concurrently in a dynamic environment without sacrificing creativity, quality and attention to detail.
· Experience developing measurement tools and strategies that focus on reaction to learning, knowledge transfer, application on the job, and business impact.
· Technically adept with the willingness to learn new technology, including content management systems, project management software, and other electronic platforms.
· Knowledge of accessibility standards.
Standard tools and equipment used to perform retail training and office work such as a telephone, Microsoft Office Suite, Articulate 360, Adobe’s Creative Suite, PhotoShop, Illustrator and InDesign.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities And Worker Characteristics
· Ability to manage and prioritize multiple simultaneous deadlines in a calm, organized manner.
· A keen eye for aesthetics and details.
· Must have the ability to solve practical problems, quickly adapt to a variety of variables and interpret instructions, both written and verbal.
· Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills including ability to compose original correspondence, interview to obtain basic information, and have frequent contact with people.
· Strong written and verbal English grammar, spelling, punctuation, usage and pronunciation.
· Must be able to physically perform sedentary work: exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
· Visual requirements include clarity of vision at 20 inches or less and up to 20 feet, with or without correction and field of vision.
· Must be able to perform the following physical activities: crawling, reaching, standing, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
The duties of this position are primarily performed in an office setting with pressure to meet deadlines, however may also frequent store locations and other company facilities.
Responsible for recommending and developing online training programs.
Has daily contact with training and education team and subject matter experts. Has contact with suppliers/vendors and software companies for various programs.
Click here to apply!
Athene eLearning Designer
The Insurance Operations eLearning Designer is responsible for the design, development and deployment of eLearning courses and other training materials for Athene’s operational teams. This role will include the creation of graphic design, instructional design and eLearning production. This position allows you to show off your talents in graphic design, curriculum design and eLearning production as you will be tracking daily projects and working directly with our business partners to design digital training and communications.
Develop training courses utilizing Adobe Creative Suite and eLearning design software tools to design visual assets for course material.
Qualifications and Experience:
Skills And Physical Demands
Learning Management System (LMS)
Click here to apply!
Casey's IT Support Instructional Designer
The Instructional Designer will develop, maintain, and deliver Helpdesk training media, materials and methods to support onboarding and learning initiatives of Casey's Store Helpdesk team. This position collaborates with Product Management, IT Engineering, IT/Store Operations & other Internal/external business units to develop and enhance programs of instruction in order to onboard Helpdesk Tier 1 and 2 members. The scope of these development efforts ranges from informative job aids, to instructor-led courses and delivery, to computer-based training methods. Collaboration with business and technical subject matter experts and conducts the necessary research to develop highly engaging and interactive learning solutions.
Work is primarily performed in an office setting as well as in the field as needed. Occasional standing for several hours may be required if assisting with training, conducting focus groups or presenting. Occasional overnight travel is required.
What you can expect when you join the Casey's Team:
Click here to apply!
Submit using the instructions at the bottom of the page to have your company's open position listed here!
If you wish to list a job on our website, please contact the VP of eMedia & Marketing with the specific information listed below.